The Young Professionals of Pella (YP of Pella) is a group of young, active, civic minded professionals who have a clear vision of Pella’s future as a great place to live, work, and play.
In the summer of 2006, 4 local young professionals in the City of Pella were asked to start a group to focus on social networking in the community for the age range 20s-30s. This came about after a community survey revealed the need for activities for young adults in the work force that didn’t focus specifically on families. Since then, the organization has grown rapidly and now has several hundred members.
YP of Pella serves as a catalyst to grow personal and community connections for young professionals; making Pella a better place to live, work and play.
- Create opportunities for young adults to make social connections
- Help our membership explore and connect with the Pella community and area
- Provide educational opportunities for young professionals, for both personal and professional growth
- Provide volunteering opportunities within the Pella area
- Be a voice for young professionals to share with the community what young professionals want